Benchmarking of project performance using mandatory and voluntary ratings.
Projecting whole of house energy consumption for residential dwellings.
Unique ESD services tailored to address specific project requirements.
Use Energy Modelling to save money and add value
Our Mission Statement
Ecolateral can help you to deliver the environmental goals of your project through tailored and economic advice. We identify practical and economically sound opportunities founded on a commitment to achieving a healthy and sustainable built environment.
Established in 2005, the Ecolateral team are specialists in the field of environmentally sustainable development. It is our area of expertise. We are passionate about the positive impact sustainable buildings and communities make on the people who live, work and learn in them and the planet.
We partner with Local, State Government and private industry, to embed sustainability across all sectors of the built environment, including residential, multi-residential commercial, public buildings, aged care and master planning. We achieve this by:
- Helping our clients and stakeholders to meet their sustainability commitments.
- Continuing to keep up to date on changes within the industry and increasing our knowledge, skills and tools.
- Employing qualified, expert sustainability professionals. All members of our team have invested in furthering their education with specialised sustainability qualifications.
- Passive House consulting for Solaire Properties. This project is targeting Passive House certification for its magnificent Auchenflower home, set to be the largest certified home in Australia.
- State Government consulting for Queen’s Wharf Redevelopment.
- Environmental consulting to the Government of Australia on the Depart Foreign Affairs and Trade funded redevelopment of the Samoa Parliamentary Complex.
- Green Star Accredited Professional on certification for Universal of Queensland’s futuristic GCI building.
- HIA’s National GreenSmart Environmental Education Program Development, delivery and accreditation of the ground breaking program.
- Development and application of the Economix Indicator. A whole of house energy prediction tool – for new homes across three Australian States.
- Recipient of Queensland Government Year of the Built Environment 2004 , Medal for Advocacy of Sustainable Solutions.
- Queensland Premier’s Award for Outstanding Contribution to Our Built Environment 2004.
- Queensland Department of Housing and Public Works, Building Codes Queensland Peer Review Expert in Energy Efficiency.
- Industrial Pilot Design
- Industrial V1 Design
- Public Building Pilot Design
Our team has remained small, to allow us to build personal relationships with our clients, and take the time to understand organisational goals. We aim to deliver an equitable return on investment by balancing economic, environmental and social outcomes while offering solutions that are relevant to current and future needs.
Our expertise is reflected in our proven track record with recent work and recognition including:
For more information about how Ecolateral can work for you, click here to download our capability statement
Green Star rating for Australia’s first certified:
Government recognised expert in the National Construction Code’s Energy Compliance
Economix Indicator - development of whole of house energy modelling
Living Building Challenge – project experience
GreenSmart – development of the GreenSmart program for the Housing Industry Association
Who are we?
A small group of dedicated, professional and highly qualified sustainability specialists focused on the economic and practical deliver of environmental solutions. [read more]
Who do we work with?
Ecolateral partners with Government and private industry, to deliver high performance projects across all sectors of the built environment. [read more]
Sustainability is what we do. [read more]
When to engage us?
As early in the project development as possible. [read more]